Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mi nuevo libro/ My new book

De Eso Si Se Habla
Of that, I speak

De eso sí se habla / Of That, I Speak by Yoseli Castillo Fuertes

De eso sí se habla / Of That, I Speak is a bilingual poetry collection that samples 20 years of writing.  The collection is an invitation to a meaningful talk, one that promotes change, reflection; a conversation that challenges all political, social, sexual and economic norms women are subjected to for being women. De eso sí se habla / Of That, I Speak talks about topics the Hispanic/Latin culture prefers to hide; therefore this book forces the reader to confront reality.

De eso sí se habla / Of That, I Speak es un poemario bilingüe que abarca más de 20 años.  La colección es una provocadora invitación a un dialogo comprometedor; a una conversación que  incita al cambio, a la reflexión, a retar las normas políticas, sociales, sexuales, económicas  a las que por ser mujeres estamos sujetas.  De eso sí se habla / Of That, I Speak habla de temas que la cultura hispana/latina prefiere esconder para no aceptar la realidad, por lo tanto, estos poemas enfrentan al/la lector(a) con ella. 
 
Buy the book today!! Compra el libro hoy!! Here/Aqui

3 comments:

  1. This is my sister's first baby of the many she will have. I remember when I was little, me and my brother used to take her notebooks full of poems and make fun of the writings and she used to get so mad but I know realized that she had the lasr laugh and I am proud of her and I wish her many more susscess. This book has a little bit of everything and it is a good start for good conversations. I love my sister. TQM Hermana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Catalina, for your words and specially your support (not back then when were kids) but throughout the yaers. I love you too. Que dios te oiga y hayan muchos mas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love my aunt so much and im very proud of her. im happy that her book came out and im proud she made it happen with the help of others im proud of you mimi! <3

    ReplyDelete